Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A refreshing crisp salad.
- 1⁄2 cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 1 celery, diced
- 1⁄4 onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- feta cheese (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except feta, and let marinate in the fridge for as long as you can wait! Then top with cheese and enjoy.
- For vegan omit the Feta.
This was very good! Thanks for a great Greek Type Cucumber Salad! I made a Tripple recipe, and fourof us devoured it! :-)
Anme! A winner here....my friend! Love this salad, *LOVE* the addition of celery used here. I have never used this in my long years of living~but now I am. I used full teaspoon of sugar, to balance out the vinegar/garlic, and added 1/2 T. of kosher salt. Just great, and what a nice change to the cucumber dish (that sits inside my fridge everyday, filled to the brim with cucumbers/onions) with this different dish that was a delight to devour. I added feta at the last moment, and what a wonderful taste. I had some fresh "spicy" oregano from the garden, sliced very thin, chiffonade style with ribbons of taste running through. Thank you, Anme! Loved it!
A nice twist on cucumber/onion salad. Much better the next day after the flavors have time to blend. I used 3/4 t of sugar and think that was plenty for me. Made for *Zaar Stars* game 2008