This is wonderful with ham or fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small cucumbers, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 small hot red chile
- 3/4 cup toasted pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 8 slices smoked country ham (1/4-inch-thick)
- 1Quarter the cucumbers lengthwise, remove seeds and slice crosswise into small bite-size pieces (there should be about 4 cups).
- 2Toss lightly with the salt and let drain 20 minutes.
- 3Submerge in ice water for a minute and drain well.
- 4Place cucumbers and onion in stainless steel or glass bowl.
- 5In medium pot combine the water, vinegar, olive oil, sugar, garlic, and pepper pod; heat to boiling and cook for 3 minutes.
- 6Pour the hot mixture over the vegetables and cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate until very cold.
- 7Just before serving, drain the cucumber mixture, discarding the garlic and chili.
- 8Chop the pecans and stir into vegetables with the parsley to make relish.
- 9Serve each slice of ham accompanied with relish.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber, Onion & Pecan Relish with Country Ham
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 298.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: