On a hot day here is a refreshing delight. You know the days when it's just too hot and you just don't want to cook? This is quick to toss together, no cooking. Full of flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper, lots
- 1 tablespoon garlic chives, sliced
- 1 small jalapeno, minced fine
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh herb (Pick and mix your favorites of cilantro, basil parsley, thyme)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and diced about 2 1/2 cups
- 5 cups cubed watermelon
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled ginger, optional but yummy
- Mix salad dressing ingredients in a bowl. Toss in the salad ingredients.
- Chill 1 hour and then enjoy if you can wait the hour.
I cannot believe how much we loved this salad. Healthy, quick, so fresh and fantastic! I didn't have a jalapeno on hand and didn't add the pickled ginger, but it came out great. DH can't wait to have it again.Thanks so much for posting this delicious recipe.
WOW this was delightful! Even though summer is over, it made a nice cool salad to accompany our soup tonight. I used fresh basil and included the pickled ginger. As Rita suggests, the addition of the ginger is oh so YUMMY! This salad is wonderfully cool with a touch of heat. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved the dressing!
Oh Rita you did it again! I was looking for a watermelon salad and chose yours because of previous recipes I have used by you..... Amazing! I copied it to a T and only used cilantro. Excellent like always!