On a hot day here is a refreshing delight. You know the days when it's just too hot and you just don't want to cook? This is quick to toss together, no cooking. Full of flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper, lots
- 1 tablespoon garlic chives, sliced
- 1 small jalapeno, minced fine
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh herb (Pick and mix your favorites of cilantro, basil parsley, thyme)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and diced about 2 1/2 cups
- 5 cups cubed watermelon
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled ginger, optional but yummy
- Mix salad dressing ingredients in a bowl. Toss in the salad ingredients.
- Chill 1 hour and then enjoy if you can wait the hour.