Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This recipe has been in my family for generations and is worth the wait. Plan ahead when making this recipe because the longer you let it marinate the better it tastes! (Cooking time is marinating time)
- 1 lb mostaccioli noodles, cooked & drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Blend together ingredients and let set overnight. (The longer the better).
- Optional - Add 1 chopped green pepper or sliced tomato on top.
- Will keep in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Great pasta salad recipe. The sweet & sour dressing is so good. Cucumbers & onions really make this a summer salad. Have had many requests for this recipe.
Considering the fridge life of this salad, I made the whole thing & we managed to stretch it out all of 3 days! In a word, DELICIOUS as a salad, & WINNER as a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one ofmy adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]