Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so good with ham or lamb with its hint of garlic.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelopeknox unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber liquid
- 2 cups seeded and grated cucumbers
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- After seeding and grating the cucumber, drain them well, reserving 1/4 cup of liquid.
- Dissolve gelatin in liquid and stir over low heat or microwave until all is dissolved.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy, add remaining ingredients, beat well.
- Pour into a jello mold and chill 3-4 hours or overnight.
Delightful salad! I didn't use cream cheese but sour cream instead. No garlic but 1 tsp lemon juice instead. Spring onion instead of regular onion. Added 2 tbsp of sugar. Thanks for your recipe which helped prod my imagination.