Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A new variation on a traditional cucumber tea sandwich!
Make and share this Cucumber Mint Tea Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, peeled and very thinly sliced (about 32 slices)
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, rinsed, spun dry, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 16 slices best-quality white bread (or whole wheat)
- Place cucumber slices between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In a small bowl, combine the mint, butter, and cream cheese; spread on one side of each slice of bread. Lay the cucumber slices onto the buttered side of 8 slices of bread. Sprinkle with salt. Top with the remaining slices of bread, buttered side down.
- Gently cut the crusts from each sandwich with a sharp knife. Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally and then cut in half again.
- Makes 8 whole sandwiches, or 16 halves, or 32 fourths.
I loved this variation on the traditional cucumber mint sandwich. I admit though that I increased the cream cheese and reduced the amount of butter just to make it a bit healthier. Anyone who loves cucumber sandwiches will really enjoy this.
I used Naneh - Mint Paste ( Persian) in these sandwiches. I really enjoyed it.
Quick and easy, but not remarkable. I will use this recipe again.