Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool, refreshing summer side.
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 44.37 ml mint, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1/2 tsp garlic salt)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 70 g goat cheese, crumbled
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- salt, if using garlic cloves
- Combine cucumbers, mint, garlic (if using fresh), green onion, and cheese in a bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, and salt (if using) in a screw top jar. Shake until well combined. Pour over salad.
- Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.
- Note: excellent with pita crisps.
- Note: When made for the blog, the dressing was omitted and only half the goat cheese was used (where most of the calories are hiding). Instead, I just used a light olive oil mist, which may not have been necessary. Cucumbers are plenty wet as it is!
I really love cucumber sandwiches, especially in a pita, but have been trying to cut back on carbs. This is the perfect taste without the carbs! I love the goat cheese in it.