Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Raita - A cold yogurt condiment used as a side dish to curry is often served with Indian food to cut the heat of the spicy dishes.
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled. seeded and coarsely grated
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (plus a pinch for serving)
- Coarsely grate cucumber and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Whisk yogurt, mint, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper in medium bowl to blend.
- Add grated cucumber and toss to coat. Season raita to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.(Can be prepared 1 day ahead, keep refrigerated.).
- Sprinkle raita with a pinch of cayenne pepper and serve.
Love this raita. The mint is a wonderful addition that I had never used before. Served as part of a curry feast. Thanks so much.