2 hrs 30 mins
Great for summer picnics, potlucks and BBQs! This is an improvement upon my Cucumber-Mint Couscous Salad. Cooking time is chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the quinoa in a saucepan with 1 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes. Cool at least to room temperature before adding to the salad or you will "cook" your delicate fresh mint (It's not the end of the world if this happens, though).
- 2In a skillet, toast the pine nuts over low-medium heat for a few minutes, until they start to turn brown and smell really good. Set aside to cool.
- 3Heat olive oil in skillet. Add Chik'n Tenders or tofu and sautee until heated through. Set aside to cool.
- 4When everything has cooled to about room temperature, mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Chill in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- 5Serving suggestions: serve in a hollowed-out tomato and/or top with feta cheese or soy feta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber-Mint Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: