Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cocktail reflects the past influence of the British Empire in India. Time does not include steeping the cucumber or making the simple syrup - you'll want to plan ahead
- 2 ounces cucumber gin (see below)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 ounce mint simple syrup (see below)
- fresh mint sprig (to garnish)
- Mix in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake.) Garnish each with mint.
- Cucumber Gin : Steep 1/2 cup diced, peeled cucumber in 1 cup gin 8 hours to 4 days. Strain; store indefinitely in the refrigerator. Easily multiplied.
- Mint Simple Syrup : Heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water over medium-high heat, stirring until dissolved. Add 1 cup mint leaves; remove from heat. Cover; steep 30 minutes to 1 hour. Strain; discard mint. Refrigerate up to 2 months.
This was so light and refreshing. Gimlets are my favorite drink and no one seems to have ever heard of them. I can't wait to try this again after my gin has soaked for longer.