Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delightful, fresh salad... great for lunch, or increase the size to serve at a party. Instead of english cucumber, you can use a regular cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced.
- 2 pita breads, cut iinto 1-inch squares
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, good quality
- coarse salt, to taste
- 3 stalks celery, diced to 1/2 inch
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, trimmed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 bunch watercress, trimmed
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1 1/2 cups approx)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- First preheat your oven to 350 degress F.
- Spread your pita squares in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until they are nice and crisp, approx 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your vinegar, oil, and salt.
- In a medium salad bowl, combine your pita, celery, and cucumber, and then add vinegar mixture and toss well to combine.
- Just before serving, add mint and watercress and gently toss.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over the top and season with pepper.