Recipe by Lalaloula
This is another refreshing lunch salad my sis and me came up with for taking to school with us. It features millet, beans and cucumber thus being very healthy and giving you lots of power. The feta makes a nice salty addition without adding too many calories.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
This is a great recipe, it just needs some dressing for my tastebuds :) I made as written and added my favourite herb dressing, and it was perfect! Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for Sprang Pantry Clean out in the Diabetes Forum
- 125 g millet
- 250 ml water
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 125 g reduced-fat feta cheese, diced finely (may use less if desired)
- 1 (10 ounce) canlarge white beans, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red chili pepper (or cayenne pepper)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill (I use more, cause I like it)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse millet and add to a small sauce pan with the 250 ml water. Bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes and then allow to soak up all the remaining water for 10 more minutes.
- In a big bowl combine all the rest of the ingredients. Add the millet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Eat either warm or cold.