Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A "green" recipe from Rachel Ray (August 2008 edition of her magazine). Sounds good, so I am storing it here for safe keeping!
- Remove rind from honeydew and cut into chunks.
- Peel cucumber, cut 8 nice slices from the middle to use as garnish and cut the rest of the cucumber into chunks.
- Using a blender and working in 2 batches, puree the melon, cucumber and water.
- Strain mixture and discard solids.
- Whisk sugar and lemon juice into the liquids remaining from melon/cucumber.
- Taste it and add up to 2 cups more water if it is too concentrated for your liking.
- Refrigerate until chilled and serve over ice with a floating slice of cucumber as a garnish.
Wonderful and fresh tasting. I will also definitely make this again!! Made for Veggie Swap 26 ~ September 2010.
I have found a new *favorite* Never put honeydew and cucumber together, but this was Terrific. Love the sweetness combined with the tart lemon juice. Great combination. I will definitely be making these again! Thanks for sharing another *Keeper* (Made for Bevy Tag 9/08) Cheers ~V
This is a really lovely drink January Bride. This pretty pale green beauty is very tasty, not overly sweet and very refreshing. I really loved that you could taste both the cucumber and the melon with a hint of citrus in this unique cooler. Thank you for sharing this recipe.