Prep 24 hrs
Cook 5 mins
Begin by making this a day ahead. Serve with a platter of Oysters on the half shell. This recipe comes from the November 2008 issue of Bon Appetit, courtesy of Southpark Seafood Grill & Wine Bar in Portland, Oregon.
- 1 1⁄2 cups gin
- 1 (9 ounce) cucumbers, cut into 1/3 inch thick slices
- 6 slices cucumbers (thin slices, for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- Mix gin and thick cucumber slices in pitcher. Cover and chill overnight or up to 3 days.
- Strain gin, discarding thick cucumber slices. Pour half of gin into cocktail shaker. Add 1 tablespoon vermouth, then fill shaker with ice. Shake vigorously; strain into three glasses. Repeat with remaining gin and vermouth.
- Garnish with thin cucumber slices.
Delicious martini! I used Hendrick's Gin which was really nice with the cucumbers. Yum! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2010.