Recipe by Sharon123
Crunchy and creamy, these look so pretty sitting on lettuce leaves! Adapted from Vegetarian Times cookbook. A north African recipe!
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
There were great! I made it as directed, but added some roasted red pepper to the hummus which made the color really pop. Next time I think I would cut the cucumber a little smaller so that it can be eaten in one or two bites. But it presents well and can be prepared in advance. Guests loved it!
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped small
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off the ends of the cucumbers. Cut each cucumber crosswise into 6 rounds and turn the pieces so they're flat. Gently scoop out some of the flesh from the top of each cucumber round, making a cup.
- In a food processor or blender, make the hummus by combining the chickpeas, oil, water, lemon juice and salt. Puree, adding more water if needed for creaminess. Stir in black olives. Spoon the mix into the hollowed out part of each cucumber round. Arrange on a serving tray. Enjoy!
- You may make the hummus up to a week in advance.