Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crunchy and creamy, these look so pretty sitting on lettuce leaves! Adapted from Vegetarian Times cookbook. A north African recipe!
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped small
- Cut off the ends of the cucumbers. Cut each cucumber crosswise into 6 rounds and turn the pieces so they're flat. Gently scoop out some of the flesh from the top of each cucumber round, making a cup.
- In a food processor or blender, make the hummus by combining the chickpeas, oil, water, lemon juice and salt. Puree, adding more water if needed for creaminess. Stir in black olives. Spoon the mix into the hollowed out part of each cucumber round. Arrange on a serving tray. Enjoy!
- You may make the hummus up to a week in advance.
There were great! I made it as directed, but added some roasted red pepper to the hummus which made the color really pop. Next time I think I would cut the cucumber a little smaller so that it can be eaten in one or two bites. But it presents well and can be prepared in advance. Guests loved it!
what a great idea to use up some of our generous neighbor's garden cukes--we love hummus. I doubled the recipe & also added a little minced garlic. These went over well at the weekend bbq. Thanks!!!
YUMMY! These are really creamy in the centre and crunchy on the outside, great textures together. Everyone really enjoyed them, I also added garlic to the recipe, just because we like it with our hummus. Thank you Sharon123