Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The first time I had a beverage with cucumber in it was at a spa several years ago. Simple thinly-sliced cucumber rounds in clean iced water... and it was heaven! (Ok, so the lovely, relaxing spa environment didn't hurt.) This slightly "enhanced" version is from Martha Stewart. Feel free to adjust the amount of lime juice to your taste. I found it needed significantly more than the original recipe's call for the juice of one lime (I'm a citrus-head), but once I got it right, it was perfect! I grabbed a book and melted into the hammock out back while sipping this truly refreshing beverage.
- 1 English cucumber (about 1 pound)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 lime, juice of (I used more, about 3 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup ice cube
- Peel cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. This is easily done by scraping a spoon tip (bowl side down) down the length of the inside of the cucumber half.
- Chop coarsely and combine in a blender with the remaining ingredients, blending until smooth.
- Serve over ice with cucumber spears as garnish.
It was good but I had just had a better one at La Cuisine in Cozumel,Mx. That's what drew me to search the Internet for a recipe. I thought it had too much lime taste and too little cucumber so I added 2 1/2 cups of water. I also used Stevia (7 Packets) and 3 packets of Splenda. Taste great now and no sugar added.
Was absolutely delicious and refreshing. I didn't share. But let husband only take a sip and he said, yumm. I did add a tad more sugar for my taste. Thank you for a great recipe. Chief #220151.