Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook30 hrs 35 mins
A delicious condiment to compliment any meal. Delicious served with sandwiches.
Make and share this Cucumber Lime Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- Soak the cucumbers lime and water in enamel or crockery for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- (Do not use Aluminum Ware).
- Remove from lime water and rinse in 3 cool waters.
- Soak 3 additional hours in ice and water.
- Remove carefully to drain.
- Mix syrup ingredients and stir until dissolved.
- Pour over the cucumbers.
- Let set 5 or 6 hours or overnight.
- Add pickling spices to taste.
- (Use whole cloves or allspice).
- Boil mixture for 35 minutes.
- Fill sterilized jars with cucumber slices and pour syrup over cucumbers leaving 0.125 inch head space.
- Seal jars.
- If syrup does not cover cucumbers while boiling, mix partial recipe of syrup and add it.