Recipe by loof
A cool and refreshing "salad" for a hot summer day!
Top Review by Annacia
I cut the recipe in half (using sugar free Jello) and after reading Taste Tester's review I mixed the (95% fat free) cream cheese into the hot jello before adding the cold water. As to the cuke, I peeled it, scraped out the seeds and grated it. Then I wrapped it well in paper towels and let them soak up a lot of their water until the jello mix started to thicken and then stirred it in. It was good with just the cuke but I really think that the addition of some crushed pineapple would help add a little something to the flavor profile and give it a little boost. Made for Photo Tag.
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes lime Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 3⁄4 cups cold water
- 3 cucumbers
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumbers and cut into small cubes.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes.
- Put the cucmber and cream cheese cubes in a serving dish (I usually use a 9x13 glass baking dish).
- Dissolve the Jello mix in the boiling water.
- Stir in the cold water.
- Pour the Jello over the cucumber and cream cheese.
- Refrigerate until Jello is set (3-4 hours).