Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 30 mins
This popular dish was printed in our local newspaper, the Honolulu Advertiser.
Make and share this Cucumber Kimchee recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium cucumbers, best if crisp variety, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons sea salt ("Hawaiian salt")
- 3 tablespoons korean chili powder or 3 tablespoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 small daikon radish, sliced in thin strips (turnip)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups chives, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled, minced (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Soak cucumbers in coarse salt for about 1/2 hour.
- Mix other ingredients together; add cucumbers.
- Soak at room temperature for about an hour, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
thanks for the recipe, its good, i left out the ginger the second time i made it, and that fit my taste better.