Recipe by Sharon123
I haven't tried this yet, but am posting it here for safekeeping. I'm looking forward to trying it!
Top Review by gamcor
several people have tried this recipe since I made it ,some loved it ,some hated it . It reminds me of chow chow .It is a wonderful recipe for excess cucumbers.Since it is canning season I made some adjustments.I cooked cucumbers,onions,and pepper in crockpot till tender ,then drained off excess liquid ,added other ingredients,cooked few hours more then cooked it down on stovetop. this helped sice i was canning other things at the time.
- 1 quart ripe cucumber, seeded, soft middle removed
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pare enough ripe cucumbers to make 1 quart after seeds and soft centers have been removed. Add onion, pepper, and enough water to prevent sticking.
- Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until thick.
- Serve with burgers, as a relish with meats, etc.
- The instructions didn't say anything about canning, but there is enough vinegar to can. Place into sterilzed jars(1 cup), seal, and place in water bath about 10 minutes.