- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 seedless cucumber, cored and cut into 1/8-inch-thick matchsticks
- 1⁄2 lb jicama, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick matchsticks (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons drained bottled pickled ginger, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Toss together cucumber, jicama, ginger, and dressing in a bowl until combined well, then let stand, covered and chilled, 15 minutes.