Recipe by Larry in DC
Cucumber Salad. Great side. Tasty way to use those profuse cucumber plants.
Top Review by MacV
Excellent! I was hesitant about the amount of sugar, but it is fine. Was out of mustard seeds, but no problems in taste! These won't last at our house for very long. Used exact measurements and it is just right. A keeper.
- 3 lbs cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup canning salt (kosher salt)
- 4 medium white onions, sliced
- 2 green peppers (sliced thinly) (optional)
- 2 red peppers (sliced thinly) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (optional)
- chopped dill (optional)