Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cucumber Salad. Great side. Tasty way to use those profuse cucumber plants.
- 3 lbs cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup canning salt (kosher salt)
- 4 medium white onions, sliced
- 2 green peppers (sliced thinly) (optional)
- 2 red peppers (sliced thinly) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (optional)
- chopped dill (optional)
- place in large container,
- stir vinegar, sugar, salt, herbs until sugar completely dissolved,
- add vegetables,
- let stand 24 hours eat or keep in refrigerator.
- Brine should cover all vegetables.
- Keeps through the winter.
Excellent! I was hesitant about the amount of sugar, but it is fine. Was out of mustard seeds, but no problems in taste! These won't last at our house for very long. Used exact measurements and it is just right. A keeper.