Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good side to so many meals. Delicious on a really hot day.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- salt, to taste
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2 ",cubes
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, pepper, dillweed, sugar, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Add cucumber and lettuce.
- Toss lightly and serve immediately.
Simple, light and refreshing. This salad is a perfect starter salad or side salad to a spicy meal. I used a combination of iceburg lettuce and butter lettuces. I may add some crumbled feta cheese next time. Thanx for a nice, quickie salad!
Nice, fresh and simple! Will cut down on the sugar a little the next time though. Thank you!
Loved thhis recipe. Thank you for sharing.