Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cucumber is the base of this dressing; it provides a mellow grassy flavor and a luxurious texture. It may be refrigerated for up to 3 days. They recommend serving it atop a salad of mixed greens, radishes, scallions and hard-boiled eggs. Recipe from Eating Well. NOTE after making dish: Mine turned out VERY thick and so I thinned it with some water and vinegar, but then it needed more seasoning (garlic worked well). So don't be afraid to play around with this recipe a little, as it truly is a good springboard for a dressing. It is fresh tasting and beautiful in color.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Puree all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
This is a very light and refreshing dressing. I didn`t use the sugar. Thanks
This salad dressing was big on flavor, but the texture seemed to not be smooth although I used the blender. I doubled the amount of yogurt and added 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder. My granddaughter is a lover of salads and cucumbers. Since she is a Zaar member, I must tell her about this salad. Next time I will use 2 cucumbers instead of one. Prepared as a participant in the Aus/NZ Swap #38 March 2010.