Recipe by JennyLynn99
I got this awesome appetizer from a girl I work with. I'm not sure where she got it. She was raving about how wonderful it was so I told her to prove it to me! She made it for a going away party, and I'll be... she was right! Amounts are approximate. I just watched her make it and then tried myself. You can use a sturdy cracker like a Triscuit, but I think a baguette works better than the crackers because there is less salt. However, using crackers is a good way to keep it no-cook for the summer. (Serving size is an estimation.)
- 113.39 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 19.71 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus some to drizzle
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 1 baguette or 1 Triscuit crackers
- 1 small cucumber, in half lengthwise, then sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If using a baguette, toast in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until crusty.
- Combine feta, evoo and lemon juice in a bowl - mash it really well.
- Slice the bread into 1 inch thick rounds.
- Spread a good amount (1 T?) of the feta mixture onto the bread slices/crackers.
- Arrange 2 half slices of cucumber on top of each feta pile.
- Drizzle with a little evoo and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Skip the salt if you are using crackers.