Recipe by Bergy
Enoki can be difficult to find but when you do try this salad it's good. Enoki are very tiny long stemmed mushroons the head is about 1/8" across. Low calorie recipe Enjoy and spare the waistline
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, washed and torn to bite size pieces
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package enoki mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup raw or thawed peas
- 5 radishes, shredded fine
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Slice cucumber very thinly and place in a bowl.
- Mix together the vinegar, ginger, garlic, sugar and soy, whisk well.
- Pour vinegar mixture over the cukes& toss to coat, setaside.
- Combine the lettuce, enoki, peas and radishes in a salad bowl toss with oil, lemon juice and pepper to taste.
- Add cucumbers and toss again.