Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a change for a vegetable dip - not the usual onion. Easy to make in a food processor. Must make one day ahead.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, minced (or 1/2 tsp garlic salt)
- Peel and grate cucumber.
- Mix cucumber with vinegar and salt and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, thoroughly blend cream cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic.
- Press all liquid from the marinated cucumber; discard the liquid and stir the cucumber into the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or a thin corn chip.
This recipe was perfect and I found it at just the right time! A neighbor shared her bounty of cukes & some had gotten quite large. It just got better as it sat too as the flavor really goes through it more & more! We especially liked it with corn chips. I will definitely be making this again! Thanks for sharing! (-:
My guests raved about this dip! I made it with light cream cheese and weight watcher's mayonnaise, also added some parsley and fresh mint. Gorgeous! Thank you!
This was excellent, and I didn't even marinate the cucumber overnight (just a few hours) so it probably tastes even better if you actually do what the recipe says!!! The first time I made it, I halved the recipe and forgot to halve the mayo - still tasted great.