Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Its unusual flavor keeps people coming back for more. Will keep several days in the refrigerator. Cook time includes 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- 226.79 g fat free cream cheese
- 14.79 ml grated onion
- 14.79 ml low-fat mayonnaise (good brand)
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 1 cucumber (about 1 cup grated)
- Peel and grate cucumber.
- Place in a sieve; press firmly on top with paper towels to remove all excess moisture.
- In a small bowl, cream together cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion, worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Add well-drained cucumbers and stir with spoon or fork to mix.
- Chill at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Serve with assortment of raw veggies, potato chips or corn chips.
Light and refreshing with a zippy finish from the onion. I liked it but thought it could use more flavor, so I doublechecked that with my hubbie (since I have a cold). He agreed. But both of us like very pungent foods so I'm sure other palates would be satisfied.
Good dip, however I didn't use it as a dip. Instead, I made a greek omelet for DH and used this as a topping instead of yogurt sauce. He liked it. I did, however, need to make some adjustments to the recipe for added flavor. Added 2 more tsp. of Lemon Juice, doubled the amount of onions and added some water to thin it out. Not bad for a low-fat dip/spread. I took a picture so I'll be posting it soon.