Recipe by Dancer^
Blends well with grilled salmon!
Top Review by Kathy(
Wonderful recipe. My mother would make this salad frequently, however she never measured anything. I'm happy to find a recipe that has quantities. Thanks. Excellent, cool crisp summer salad. I like to make it several hours ahard of time so the flavors can blend.
- 1 seedless European cucumber or 2 american cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons cider or 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 1 small red onion, sliced and broken into rings
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the cucumber(s) and partially remove the peel in lengthwise strips using a vegetable peeler or fork and leaving a little skin between each strip.
- Thinly slice the cucumber lengthwise. Place the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cucumber, onion, and dill, toss well.
- The salad can be served at once, but it will improve in flavor if you let the ingredients marinate for 5 minutes.