Recipe by SusieQusie
There are lots of pasta salad recipes here but I don't see this particular variation. I love dill in most anything and combined with cucumbers and pasta, it's tart/creamy comfort food to me. For even more color & crunch, radishes could be added for another twist. You may need to adjust the mayo and sour cream amounts - I don't really measure it so I've guessed. I start with a large dollop of each then add till I get the texture and taste that I want. Update: Thanks to the first reviewer for finding my typo with the salt; it has been corrected.
- 1 lb shell pasta (or your favorite small shape)
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 2 cups diced cucumbers, unpeeled (1 -2 large)
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise (I think Miracle Whip would make it too tart but use if you like)
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shells per package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- In large bowl combine pasta with green onions and cucumbers.
- In another bowl, blend together dressing ingredients, adding more or less of ingredients to get the right taste for you.
- Toss dressing with pasta and refrigerate. Serve cold.
- Note: If refrigerated for long, the cucumbers will "weep" and make the salad less than appealing. Plan to eat this within 2 hours of making.