Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a sodium-reduced dressing from the magazine of Canadian Living.
Make and share this Cucumber Dill Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 English cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup balkan style yogurt (greek or I guess any plain yogurt can do)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel, seed and shred cucumber; gently squeeze out liquid. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, mayonnaise and vinegar. Stir in cucumber, green onion, garlic, dill and pepper. (Make-ahead: refrigerate in airtight container for up to 1 week.).
Good dressing for our Greek and chicken salad.
This is good. It also reminds me of tzatziki. We had it on a salad. Made for Potluck Tag - Feb/Mar '10.
I was suprised at how tasty this dressing was! It tastes like the greek dressing on a pita sandwich from a Gyro shop. Cool and refreshing. I must add this recipe to the rotation!