Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick Appie that is also diabetic friendly!
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature (Neufchatel)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon drained prepared horseradish
- 1 (12 ounce) peeled cucumbers, preferably seedless
- 18 sprigs fresh parsley or 18 sprigs fresh dill
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and horseradish; chill at least 30 minutes.
- Score the cucumber lengthwise with the tines of a fork.
- Cut the cucumber crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, making 18.
- Using a melon baller or 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon, scoop out a small hollow on the straight side.
- Do not cut all the way through.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a fluted tip. Pipe the cheese mixture into the cucumber cups.
- (Use a small spoon if a pastry bag is not available.)
- Garnish the tops of the cups with parsley or dill sprigs.
These were tasty, pretty, and easy--perfect appetizers, in other words! I used regular mayo, reduced fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), and baby cucumbers. I made a smaller batch for the 3 of us to nibble while I prepared dinner. DH liked them and was impressed at how attractive they were; even DS liked them okay, despite hating cucumbers. Thanks so much for posting, Lorrie! Made for Holiday Tag Game.