Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of the easiest appetizers to make. It is so simple and can be made ahead of time.
Make and share this Cucumber Cups Filled With Crab Appetizer recipe from Food.com.
- English cucumber, unpeeled
- fresh herb (to garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh crab
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced fine
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together, taste for seasoning; set aside. This can be covered and refrigerated for 1 day.
- Cut the unpeeled cucumber into 1-1/2" thick slices; with the cucumber slice still laying on it's side, make a diagonal cut, now you have two diagonal cut pieces of cucumber.
- Use a melon baller to make a small round hole in the center of the cucumber where the seeds are to make a cup; do not cut completely through to the other side.
- Lightly salt each cucumber cup; place on a paper towel to drain. They can be refrigerated at this point and finished later.
- When ready to serve remove the cucumber cups from the refrigerator and place a small amount of the crab mixture in the center of each round hole in the cucumber and serve; garnish with fresh herbs.
Beautiful and utterly delicious. And, as has been said before, really easy. Not cheap--I made it with Dungeness crab--but worth every penny. I had no idea how to pose the diagonally-cut cucumbers, so I went by instinct.
Great summer dish - I doubled the recipe (except the olive oil) and my husband and I ate this for dinner. We made it a second time, but diced the cucumbers and served it as a salad. We love lime so we added a little extra lime juice.
Very nice appetizers, & as said, the 'easiest' to make! The only change I made was to peel the cucumbers in thin alternating strips lengthwise, to give a narrow section [peeled] contrasting with a wide green section [unpeeled] to each cup! I enjoyed the ease of making these [compared, lets say, with scooping out & stuffing cherry tomatoes!], & the raves were just as prolific! Thanks for the great appetizer recipe!