Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from eHow.com . The directions say to use a few tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and grated
- parsley sprig (for garnish)
- 12 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 lb whole wheat bread
- cucumber, slices (for garnish)
- Combine the cucumbers and cream cheese, then blend in the onion.
- Add in a tablespoon or two of mayonnaise and blend until the mixture is soft and spreadable. Add a little more mayonnaise to soften further.
- Cut the crusts off the bread, then either cut each piece into fourths or cut into diamonds.
- Spread mixture over half the bread pieces, then top with another piece of bread.
- Garnish with parsley or cucumber.
- Tips & Warnings.
- You can also leave the sandwiches open-faced.
- Try this method with tuna or chicken salad, too.
I can't believe I forgot to rate this. There was a challenge at work for the managers to feed 40+ people in some way shape or form - no rules. I made these up along with some potato soup, ham/cheese finger sandwiches, and a shrimp pasta salad. Wow - all I can say is these lasted about 10 minutes and I tripled the recipe. The other dishes only lasted about 20-30 minutes, but this was the most popular! Thanks! (p.s. I won the challenge and got the reserved parking spot for a month!
I had a tea party for some eleven year old girls about a year ago. I thought I would try this recipe (which I had found on eHow.com). Just yesterday I had one of the girls ask for the recipe. They absolutely loved it! It's pretty easy to make too!