1/1 Photo of Cucumber Crab Pasta Salad
This is best when it has time to chill. I've only had this using imitation crab, let me know if you used real crab with it. This is another recipe from my dad that people ask for every time they eat it. It's a good make ahead dish for pot lucks, etc. Prep time does not include chill time, although you could keep all your ingredients (including prepared noodles) in the fridge until you have time to assemble it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Please note: cucumber and crab amounts are to your preference. The amounts listed here are a pretty good veggie/crab to noodle ratio.
- 2Do not use noodles larger than the medium shells. You can use smaller shell noodles, though.
- 3Boil noodles. Rinse well and let drain for quite a while. Stir them often when draining them to make sure all the water is out of the shells. The less water on them, the better the salad dressing sticks to them.
- 4Slice cucumber (with or without skin) to your preference. I typically slice it in half lengthwise, then do about 1/8 thin slices.
- 5Chop the imitation crab into chunks and add to the noodles.
- 6Sprinkle with salt and dill over entire mixture and stir. Dill should have a nice amount of "speckling" throughout the dish after stirring.
- 7If serving right away, pour approx 1/2 the bottle of dressing onto the cucumber crab mixture and stir, then slowly add more to lightly cover everything. You don't want the noodles sopping wet with dressing, but you want a nice thin coat on everything in the bowl.
- 8Chill until serving.
- 9If you are taking this to a pot luck or making it ahead, assemble everything but the dressing and keep refridgerated. Pour the dressing on just before serving.
- 10Keep dressing handy for left-overs because it tends to get sucked into the noodles if it sits in the fridge for any length of time.
- 11Optional: For presentation you can decorate with cherry tomatoes on top and sprinkle with dill for garnish.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Crab Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 385.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cucumber salad dressing