Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
So cool and refreshing. If you like spicy, you can add 1-2 tsp chopped jalapeno.
Make and share this Cucumber Cilantro Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cucumber (peeled & chopped in 1/2-inch squares)
- 1 cup roma tomato (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry pasta shell macaroni
- Cook pasta, drain.
- Combine lime juice, cilantro, sugar, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta and vegetables.
- Toss gently with lime dressing.
What a great summer salad, so light and refreshing! No mayo in this salad to spoil at your summer gatherings. I added the zest from the limes which added more flavor. Made for Round 3 during * Zaar World Tour 5* 2009 game for team *Genies of Gourmet*
very light and refreshing i grated the onion and cuke i like the fresh taste of cilantro with this . when i have fresh tomato i would add more just personal preferance .
I didn't have lime juice on hand so I made it with lemon juice instead, it was delicious! I also threw in half a red bell pepper diced, added 1/2 TB of olive oil to the dressing too. It was very nice, light and fresh!!