Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We have had this sauce on sole and halibut, but try it on your favorite fish, it seems to go with everything.
- 2 inches cucumbers, finely chopped (peeled if waxed)
- 1⁄4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream or 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemons, zest of
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
What a lovely sauce! I made Salmon Patties and DH hates tartar sauce so I made this one instead. I expect I will make this many times over the summer and think it would be amazing with cold poached salmon. I used low fat sour cream and did not add any salt. It's a keeper! Thank you for posting. :)
Very nice on our baked basa fillets..reduced the sour cream, mustard and lemon juice for just the two of us but kept the veggies the same quantity..a cool, refreshing, light and tasty way to top off a serving of fish, especially on a warm summery evening.