Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh and great when using pre-chilled produce, this smart little appetizer is wonderful as a snack or warm up to your back yard summer dinner party. I came up with this recipe when I went on the Vegetable Broth Fast and everyone like it so much I thought I would share the recipe with you. It is pretty much guacamole on a slice of cucumber. Except while on the fast I omitted the cilantro, onion and seasonings. Still pretty good. The dish is easy and quick to make. The perfect recipe for unexpected guests or when you find yourself in a pinch for time.
- * Peel and dice all the onion.
- * Dice the tomato.
- * Chop the cilantro.
- * Peel and pit each avocado.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the avocados, onion, tomato, and cilantro smashing it all together with a fork. With the lime half squeeze the lime juice into the mixture. Add the salt, pepper and chili powder and continue mashing till a creamy/lumpy texture is achieved. Set a side.
- With the other lime half rub the cut side on a serving platter so the plate has a thin layer of lime juice on top of it.
- On a cutting board thickly slice a cucumber so each slice is about a quarter of an inch. Lay each slice flat on the platter. Once all the slices are in place spoon a dollop of the avocado mixture onto each slice of cucumber. Garnish with cilantro leaves if you like. Enjoy!
What a nice little appetizer. Like that it is very cool and fresh tasting on a hot afternoon. Cut down to five servings. Made using an English cucumber and used as much chili powder as I did garlic and black pepper. For a little kick may try adding a little fresh jalapeno. Thanks so much for the post.