Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Frozen dessert for adults, or really adventurous children! Recipe from MyRecipes.com -- Originally published in Sunset magazine, July 2001.
- 3 cups cucumbers (about 1 1/2 lbs, peeled and seeded ~ cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno chile (1-1 1/2 ounce ~ remove seeds and veins for less heat)
- Place all ingredients into blender, and whirl until smooth.
- Push mixture through a fine strainer set over a 2-cup glass measure; discard any residue/pulp.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze 8 hours, or more.
I just love these - they pretty much taste exactly like the cucumber-chili paletas I buy at Mexican grocery stores. Maybe they're a bit sweeter, so I might cut the amount of sugar in half. Really, that's more of a personal preference. I also used lime juice instead of lemon juice.
These are mighty fantastic and make me think it could be turned to great frozen margaritas.