Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe calls for chick peas, but black-eyed peas or cannelline are great also. A super summer salad made with cucumbers,feta cheese and onions. If you like hot, add a dash of red pepper sauce or a dash of cayenne.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oregano (fresh or 1 tsp. dried)
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups cucumbers (peeled and diced)
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion (slivered)
- 4 tablespoons black olives (chopped)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Whisk, vinegar, oil,oregano and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Add cucumber,drained & rinsed chick peas,bell pepper, feta cheese, onion and olives,toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow veggies to meld.
Very fresh tasting salad, perfect for summer! I could barely taste the vinaigrette though which left it really falling back on the cucumber. Next time I might cut the cucumber to 3 cups and see what happens.Thanks!
Loved this. I've made it twice already. The first time I followed the directions and it was great, but the second time I tweaked it a little. Took out a tablespoon of oil, added a tablespoon of vinegar, and doubled the chick peas. Tastes great.
This was really refreshing and tasty. I used black-eyed peas and followed the recipe precisely to a wonderful result. This made a wonderful lunch to pack for work. I will be making this again. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag Game.