Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Northland's Garden Club. I've never heard of baking cucumbers before. But this looks interesting.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) packagepepperidge farm salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Cut peeled cucumbers into chunks.
- Put in suacepan with onion and parboil in salted water.
- Cucumbers should be just slightly cooked.
- Drain all water.
- Place a layer of cucumber/onion mixture in a casserole.
- Sprinkle with dressing mix.
- Dressing mixture should be 1/4 to 1/2" thick.
- Dot with butter.
- Continue layers until all cucumbers are used.
- Dilute 1 can (10 ounces) cheese soup with 1/2 c milk.
- Pour on top of layers of cucumber and dressing mix.
- Sprinkle on top with dressing mix.
- Bake at 350 until bubbly.