Recipe by Chef Shelby
My work group would have a holiday feast each year the week leading up to Christmas. This simple recipe was one that I always enjoyed these because it was something different.
Top Review by Lioness
I made this for a dinner party yesterday. I couldn't find the good seasonings italian salad dressing so I substituted 1 TBS italian spice instead. This was a really big hit. Everyone really enjoyed them. They were quick and easy and I will definitely make them again!
- 1 loaf rye cocktail bread (aka party bread)
- 1 (12 ounce) container cream cheese, pre-whipped (I use Breakstones Temp Tee)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cucumbers (peeled and sliced thin-1/8-inch to 1/4-inch)
- dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together whipped cream cheese and Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix until well blended.
- Spread mixture onto each piece of cocktail rye bread. (adjust the amount of mixture you spread on to your liking. I like the flavor of the mixture so I do put it on a little thicker).
- Then add cucumber slice to the top of each bread. (make sure the cucumber is a bit dry so it won't drip through and moisten the bread).
- Sprinkle dill on top of each cucumber. (It's fine without dill if you don't like the flavor).
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- If making ahead, wait to put the cucumbers on. If they set on the bread overnight, it could possibly make the bread a little soggy).