Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a refreshing vegetarian appetizer for the warm summer months. Recipe came from First Magazine and was part of their healthy avocado article.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 English cucumber, sliced digonally
- Prepare your avocado by cutting in half, removing the pit, peeling and cubing it.
- Mix together the avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and onion. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon small avocado mix (you don't want it to fall off and become messy) onto cucumber slices and serve.
A very good combination. I used dill, as DH is not a cilantro fan. Parsley probably would have been a good sub too. I think this could work equally well with lemon, or in the form of a relish to top burgers, fish or chicken. Avocado, cucumber and lemon/lime is a classic "marriage" that never goes out of style!
Very different and yummy appetizer. I was surprised how well the cucumber and avocado go together. Made for Best of 2010 Tag game.
What a tasty little treat! I had to sub a sweet onion for the red because that is what I had on hand. DH is gluten intolerant as are the kids, so this recipe is perfect for us. We will definitely have this again. Made and reviewed for the 37th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.