Recipe by morgainegeiser
Cucumbers grow abundantly throughout Eastern Europe and are often combined with sour cream or cheese. This is an easy Yugoslavian recipe and it makes a light appretizer or salad.
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 2 large cucumbers
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl. combine chopped tomatoes, oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss gently until well mixed. Chill until serving time. (at least a few hours).
- Just before serving, add feta cheese to tomatoes and mix well.
- Peel cucumbers and cut them in half lengthwise. Using a melon ball scoop or a spoon, scoop out and discard seeds. Pile tomato mixture into cucumbers.
- Serve right away.
- Preparation time does not include chilling time.