Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cucumbers grow abundantly throughout Eastern Europe and are often combined with sour cream or cheese. This is an easy Yugoslavian recipe and it makes a light appretizer or salad.
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 2 large cucumbers
- salt & pepper
- In a small bowl. combine chopped tomatoes, oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss gently until well mixed. Chill until serving time. (at least a few hours).
- Just before serving, add feta cheese to tomatoes and mix well.
- Peel cucumbers and cut them in half lengthwise. Using a melon ball scoop or a spoon, scoop out and discard seeds. Pile tomato mixture into cucumbers.
- Serve right away.
- Preparation time does not include chilling time.
These were very nice. I salted the cucumbers a little before adding the filling and they were pretty tasty. Very pretty on the plate. Made for ZWT 4.
This was very nice! Cucumber is good with feta! Thanks! Made for Vegetarian Swap-March 2010.
Oh wow these were good!!! Followed the recipe exactly and served with some grilled steaks. They were so delicious and very easy to make!! Thanks for posting and congrats on your football pool win! Made for your Football Pool - Divisional Playoff win!!