Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Okay, Annelien, you can back off now! Oops, sorry, I was just having a conversation with a former exchange student who has been pressuring me to get this posted. I hope she leaves a review. :-) As an aside, this recipe has been adapted from one that 'whizzed by' on TV one day. I think it 'belongs' to Janelle Bloom.
- 1 telegraph cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced thinly (English, about 500 grams)
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Prepare the salad ingredients and put them in a salad bowl that is large enough to hold them all.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Toss together the salad ingredients and dressing, and serve.
This is everything you could possibly want in a salad. Quick and easy to prepare. Cheap. Great taste and light and crunchy. A perfect summer side in every way. Made and enjoyed for Aussie / Kiwi Swap Feb 2013. PS: Coriander. I LOVE it.
excellent fresh and tasty salad. served with steak. left out the coriander (hate it)
loved the dressing!, doubled the lime juice. made for Aussie swap January 2013
Excellent, excellent salad! This has the perfect amount of crunch and the dressing was amazing. It was put together in minutes, which is even more amazing! Thanks Peggy! Made for Aussie Swap :)