Okay, Annelien, you can back off now! Oops, sorry, I was just having a conversation with a former exchange student who has been pressuring me to get this posted. I hope she leaves a review. :-) As an aside, this recipe has been adapted from one that 'whizzed by' on TV one day. I think it 'belongs' to Janelle Bloom.
- 1 telegraph cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced thinly (English, about 500 grams)
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Prepare the salad ingredients and put them in a salad bowl that is large enough to hold them all.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Toss together the salad ingredients and dressing, and serve.