Recipe by Leggy Peggy
Okay, Annelien, you can back off now! Oops, sorry, I was just having a conversation with a former exchange student who has been pressuring me to get this posted. I hope she leaves a review. :-) As an aside, this recipe has been adapted from one that 'whizzed by' on TV one day. I think it 'belongs' to Janelle Bloom.
Top Review by Kiwi Kathy
This is everything you could possibly want in a salad. Quick and easy to prepare. Cheap. Great taste and light and crunchy. A perfect summer side in every way. Made and enjoyed for Aussie / Kiwi Swap Feb 2013. PS: Coriander. I LOVE it.
- 1 telegraph cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced thinly (English, about 500 grams)
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce