Recipe by CulinaryQueen
Our friend Steve from the States sent me this and he said he got it from Food & Wine Magazine. I thought it looked interesting and am posting it here for safe keeping.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 piece cucumber, 3 inch piece, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 basil leaves (tear up 2 of them)
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar in the hot water.
- Press the grated ginger through a fine strainer set over the bowl, releasing the juice.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the diced cucumber with the 2 torn basil leaves.
- Add the ginger syrup, gin, lime juice and a handful of ice.
- Shake well, then strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish the martini with a cucumber slice and the remaining whole basil leaf and serve.