Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our friend Steve from the States sent me this and he said he got it from Food & Wine Magazine. I thought it looked interesting and am posting it here for safe keeping.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 piece cucumber, 3 inch piece, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 basil leaves (tear up 2 of them)
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar in the hot water.
- Press the grated ginger through a fine strainer set over the bowl, releasing the juice.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the diced cucumber with the 2 torn basil leaves.
- Add the ginger syrup, gin, lime juice and a handful of ice.
- Shake well, then strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish the martini with a cucumber slice and the remaining whole basil leaf and serve.
It's wonderful and fresh! I added a little St. germaine instead of the ginger for a variation and really enjoyed that also.
I really enjoyed this refreshing drink! It is some what Healthy!!! :) I did just zest the ginger into the shaker. Made for http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=308850 Magic Of Herbs! Thanks bunches!