Cucumber salad with an Asian twist! A crunchy refreshing salad! Or top a Grilled Tuna Steak Grilled Tuna Steak with it.These cucumbers are very long if you can`t find them use 2 regular cucumbers.
- 1 japanese cucumbers or 1 hothouse cucumbers or 1 English cucumber, peeled and slice i leave some green on for st effect
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Toss all salad ingredients and top with seeds.
What a wonderful recipe. I made this and followed the directions only adding some slivered red onions along with the rest...served with Sweet Chili Chicken with Asian Vegetable Rice #450681 and we had a wonderful meal. I did leave on a little green skin for coloring. Thank you Rita for a great recipe!
This was a nice change from my cuke salad. I did not have any cilantro and used black sesame seeds for the garnish. I liked the salad better before I add the hot sauce. Made for *ZWT 6* I'm on Team *Ya Ya Cookerhood*
Lovin it, and I'm not even a huge cucumber fan!! I didn't peel mine, my husband and I like them that way. This was a very easy salad! Made and enjoyed for ZWT6 asia region!